mini_banner

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference

The Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is a excellent resource for Ubuntu users and is now available for download at www.ubuntupocketguide.com. The book focuses on teaching new users how to navigate Linux and the skills needed to become an expert Ubuntu user. Offering support for both Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10. I find the pocketbook to be accessible and easy to understand. I am currently making my way through the 150+ pages on solid Ubuntu knowledge.

sidebar_image
© Copyright 2008 Keir Thomas.
Ubuntu is a trademark of Canonical Ltd.
Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is not affiliated to Canonical Ltd.

Have a question or problem that this article doesn't cover? Ask our Ubuntu Mini 9 Google Group for help.

edited by pHreaksYcle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been a frequent visitor to this site and I've yet to show my appreciation--and I'm glad to rectify this situation! This site has been a godsend and has taught me everything I need to know about linux despite no previous knowledge at all.

I do have one question--I need to disassemble my 1501 to clean out the fan. I've tried compressed gas treatment and it still hasn't fixed the situation, I think I need to unscrew the damn thing. Is there an easy way to do this? Or a website that may show how? I'd really appreciate any knowledge you could share.

Cheers!

pHreaksYcle said...

Dude,

Thanks for your kind words on the site.

But learn how to use Google. Please.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/fans.htm#wp1000550
Click the links in numerical order, it will tell you how to get to the fan piece by piece.

James Sandberg said...

thank you so much for the link. Inspiron 1501 fan cleaning guide (FOR SEO PURPOSES SO OTHERS CAN FIND THIS ARTICLE TOO!!!)
dell inspiron 1501 shutdown overheating fix
dell inspiron 1501 overheat shutdown automatic
fix dell inspiron 1501 overheat